Tel: 07745 046121
Connections News Update - May 2020
We do hope you and your families are keeping well.
The current situation continues to bring uncertainty to us all which makes it impossible to ascertain and plan provision for childcare needs in the coming months.
Therefore, until some sort of normality resumes in school we are not accepting new bookings or requests for amendments to existing bookings.
Once Connections Club is in a position to re-open, we will endeavour to let you know by email and via this webpage. We strongly recommend that you keep checking this webpage from time to time for updates.
Be assured we will do our best to accommodate your childcare needs within our capacity.
Our previous news update below contains information on how we are dealing with your payments already received for sessions now cancelled.
If you have any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coombe Connections News Update - March 2020
We do hope you are all keeping well and are following the Government’s guidelines.
In these unprecedented times, not surprisingly, we have no established protocol to deal with the situation in which we find ourselves.
However we now have a plan for crediting or refunding paid cancelled Connections sessions as follows:-
We will refund/credit cancelled Connections sessions for the two remaining weeks of the second half of the Spring term, from Monday 23/03/20 to Friday 03/04/20. If you had made payment towards next half term, the first half of the summer 2020, we will refund/credit your payment in the same way – see below
Refunds and credit will be processed as follows:-
- If you paid by ParentPay, Connections will carry forward the full value of your paid cancelled sessions as credit towards future Connections sessions unless you contact us to request a refund. Refunds will be via ParentPay to your original payment method. If you wish to request a refund, please contact us via this email address: email@example.com giving us as much detail as you can so that we can identify the correct payment and amount.
- If you paid by HMRC Tax Free Childcare, or by a Childcare Voucher scheme, whether run by an external company or in-house, Connections will carry forward the full value of your paid cancelled sessions as credit towards future Connections sessions. For tax reasons, it is not possible to return your HMRC TFC or Vouchers directly to you as a refund.
The only exception to this will apply to children not returning to Connections, in which case we will offer to investigate whether we can make a return payment to your HMRC or Voucher account or we will apply your credit to a family sibling. Please note – we will not start to make these enquiries until we know the date we are to re-open and we can 100% establish the children who will not be returning to Connections – so please do not ask us to investigate a return payment until timescales become apparent.
If you are a keyworker and your child is still attending school and is staying for Connections After School sessions during the period of closure, there will be a small daily charge to be paid. Details will follow later and charges will be added to ParentPay or will be off-set against your Connections credit.
A reminder - We advise that you do NOT directly approach your credit card company or bank, under their guarantee, for a refund of your ParentPay payment – there is a £25 fee for doing this which will ultimately be charged to you.
Please be assured that we will process your credit or refund and that you will get the full value of your paid cancelled sessions as described above. What we don’t know is how quickly it will be possible to action a refund request – ParentPay is inundated with requests currently and this is new territory to us all.
If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Coombe Connections - September 2019
Welcome to Coombe Connections Club, the Breakfast and After School provision for children of Coombe Hill Infants’ School and Coombe Hill Junior School. We are delighted to be working together to provide this exciting facility for our children.
Connections Club is most suitable for parents seeking long-term regular childcare. It offers excellent wrap around childcare with qualified play workers, providing stimulating and enjoyable activities to Reception children through to Year 6. These activities are designed to be in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum. Our venture, provided jointly by the Infants’ and Junior schools, is in the safe hands of our highly experienced manager Ms Geraldine Carslake. With her team of qualified staff we are able to give our children the opportunity to continue their learning in a fun way with access to the facilities of both schools.
Our aim is to accommodate a large number of children and maintaining a high staff to child ratio enables us to offer individual attention to encourage children to take part in activities which will stimulate and encourage personal development.
Most importantly we want children to feel relaxed and at home in a friendly, warm, caring environment with the ability to wind down after a day at school.
Coombe Connections Club welcomes parental involvement and we strive to forge and strengthen relationships with parents in order that we maintain excellent levels of communication at all times. The partnership between the children, the club and parents is important to us and helps us to provide the very best care to your children.
We ensure equal opportunity for all our children and families, regardless of their race, religion, culture, disability or social background.
What we provide
- A Breakfast club every school day, from 7.45am to 8.45am
- Breakfast cereal, toast, croissants, fresh fruit, yoghurt and drinks
- Activities and provision for your child to chat, read and prepare for the school day ahead.
After School Club
- After school provision every school day, from 3.15pm/3.30pm to 6.00pm.
- A minimum of a cold light tea (a hot tea will be provided on occasion) plus fresh fruit and vegetables
- A wide range of physical activities both inside and outside with the use of both school grounds facilities, including the adventure playground, MUGA and field.
- Arts and craft activities
- Junk and clay modelling
- Baking and cooking
- Table top games and electronic games
- External weekly sports or dance coach session
- A relaxing time for reading with another child or adult or for completing homework with the assistance of our qualified staff
- The opportunity to be with friends or make new friends in a familiar and relaxing environment.
- Caring staff who will interact with the children and treat them with respect and kindness.
We aim to have enough spaces available to accommodate all applications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee this intention absolutely but we will try our best to fulfil your needs.
Breakfast Club is priced at £6 per session and After School Club at £14 per session for all children.
Fees are payable half-termly in advance and childcare vouchers are accepted.
Breakfast Club: 07.45 until 08.45
After School Club: 15.15 until 18.00
Whilst we hope to create a relaxed environment, we do expect the children to behave with respect and courtesy and will adhere to the same principles and golden rules for behaviour as are in place at both schools. Persistent poor behaviour will be brought to your attention.
We are happy to administer prescribed medicines, but as in the case of school we can only do so if we have written permission from you outlining the dosage and the name of the child and the commencement date.
Please see the Coombe Connections Club Parents’ Handbook and the Booking and Paying document on the school website for full details including terms and conditions and application deadlines. (Infants’ School - under the ‘Our School Family’ acorn; Junior School – under the ‘Parent Pages’ heading).