Tel: 07745 046121
Connections Club is currently nearly fully booked in most sessions.
After School sessions are very highly demanded in particular, on all afternoons except Fridays. Please do continue to submit your Booking Request Form for new bookings or your request for amendments to your current booking, but be prepared that we may not be able to accomodate your desired sessions.
We are making every effort to try to create more availability in the future but this will not be possible for Spring 2020.
We are sorry that currently it is not possible to fulfill our desire to accomodate all those who wish for a place. The safety of your children and the quality of the provision that we offer are high priorities which must not be compromised.
Welcome to Coombe Connections Club, the Breakfast and After School provision for children of Coombe Hill Infants’ School and Coombe Hill Junior School. We are delighted to be working together to provide this exciting facility for our children.
Connections Club is most suitable for parents seeking long-term regular childcare. It offers excellent wrap around childcare with qualified play workers, providing stimulating and enjoyable activities to Reception children through to Year 6. These activities are designed to be in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum. Our venture, provided jointly by the Infants’ and Junior schools, is in the safe hands of our highly experienced manager Ms Geraldine Carslake. With her team of qualified staff we are able to give our children the opportunity to continue their learning in a fun way with access to the facilities of both schools.
Our aim is to accommodate a large number of children and maintaining a high staff to child ratio enables us to offer individual attention to encourage children to take part in activities which will stimulate and encourage personal development.
Most importantly we want children to feel relaxed and at home in a friendly, warm, caring environment with the ability to wind down after a day at school.
Coombe Connections Club welcomes parental involvement and we strive to forge and strengthen relationships with parents in order that we maintain excellent levels of communication at all times. The partnership between the children, the club and parents is important to us and helps us to provide the very best care to your children.
We ensure equal opportunity for all our children and families, regardless of their race, religion, culture, disability or social background.
What we provide
- A Breakfast club every school day, from 7.45am to 8.45am
- Breakfast cereal, toast, croissants, fresh fruit, yoghurt and drinks
- Activities and provision for your child to chat, read and prepare for the school day ahead.
After School Club
- After school provision every school day, from 3.15pm/3.30pm to 6.00pm.
- A minimum of a cold light tea (a hot tea will be provided on occasion) plus fresh fruit and vegetables
- A wide range of physical activities both inside and outside with the use of both school grounds facilities, including the adventure playground, MUGA and field.
- Arts and craft activities
- Junk and clay modelling
- Baking and cooking
- Table top games and electronic games
- External weekly sports or dance coach session
- A relaxing time for reading with another child or adult or for completing homework with the assistance of our qualified staff
- The opportunity to be with friends or make new friends in a familiar and relaxing environment.
- Caring staff who will interact with the children and treat them with respect and kindness.
We aim to have enough spaces available to accommodate all applications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee this intention absolutely but we will try our best to fulfil your needs.
Breakfast Club is priced at £6 per session and After School Club at £14 per session for all children.
Fees are payable half-termly in advance and childcare vouchers are accepted.
Breakfast Club: 07.45 until 08.45
After School Club: 15.15 until 18.00
Whilst we hope to create a relaxed environment, we do expect the children to behave with respect and courtesy and will adhere to the same principles and golden rules for behaviour as are in place at both schools. Persistent poor behaviour will be brought to your attention.
We are happy to administer prescribed medicines, but as in the case of school we can only do so if we have written permission from you outlining the dosage and the name of the child and the commencement date.
Please see the Coombe Connections Club Parents’ Handbook and the Booking and Paying document on the school website for full details including terms and conditions and application deadlines. (Infants’ School - under the ‘Our School Family’ acorn; Junior School – under the ‘Parent Pages’ heading).