We are committed to making the local area safer for our families and staff travelling to and from school. We are especially keen to encourage everyone to take a sustainable form of transport. This could mean walking, cycling, scooting, park and stride (parking further away and walking), taking the bus or train, or car shares.
Each year we carry out a travel survey to see how everyone travels to school, and to find out what prevents people from travelling more sustainably. There are a variety of reasons, but the main point to take away is that we can all make a difference with every journey we make. Even if we can only replace one journey, or one part of our daily commute, added together, our changes can make a real difference.
Some of our sustainable transport activities are:
- Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel 21 March - 1 April 2022
- Annual Travel Survey
- Brake Road Safety Week - November 2022
- Sustrans Bike to School Week September 2022
- Campaign for speed limit reduction on the school section of Coombe Lane West
- Campaign to erect barriers for safer crossing on Coombe Lane West
- Working towards TfL Stars Accreditation