Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility
Everyone who comes in to contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. At Coombe Hill Infants' School we consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
Our policies set out a clear and consistent framework for delivering safeguarding in line with safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
QR codes for setting age restrictions on electronic devices.
Our safeguarding policies:
- Allegations of Abuse against Staff
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Extremism and Anti-Radicalisation
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medical Conditions
- Online Safety
Please click here for a list of useful numbers, should you have any concerns about the welfare of a child.
Also please take the time to read this government document "Keeping children safe in Education" by the Department for Education, which should be read in conjunction with our policy.
Coombe Hill Infants' fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection, ensuring that all staff, governors, visitors, parents and volunteers are effectively aware of the procedures that need to be adhered to in order to ensure the children in our care are kept safe.
- We practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers who work with our children.
- We raise awareness of child protection issues and give staff regular training, ensuring they are aware of school guidance for the use of mobile technology and their associated safeguarding risks.
- We aim to equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe, with the help of organisations like NSPCC.
- We develop and then implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- We aim to establish a safe and happy environment in which children can learn and develop, feeling secure. That the children are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- We include opportunities in our curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
The designated Safeguarding Lead is our Headteacher, Mrs Janet Berry and the nominated Governor is Mrs Alison Reid.