What an unusual start to the year it's been! The children have taken everything in their stride and are enjoying being back at school with their friends!
If you would like some ideas for keeping your child learning in a fun way at home, have a look at the links below.
- Read as often as you can (with and to your child) Follow the 7 steps to making reading aloud magical!
- Use the fantastic Reading Eggs app (Ask class teachers for your child's individual log in)
- Practise the Year 1 or Year 2 common exception words (reading by sight and spelling)
- Visit Phonics Play
- Watch Mr Thorne's Phonics or Letters and Sounds daily lessons
- Enjoy audio stories read by CHI staff and have a go at illustrating the stories you hear.
- Start using Mathletics (Ask class teachers for your child's individual log in)
- Watch Numberblocks for short maths videos
- Keep a daily maths board to practise place value, multiples of 2,5, and 10, using coins, odds and evens, 1 more, 1 less and 10 more, 10 less, and looking at weather!
- Try some 'catch up' lessons on BBC Bitesize
More useful links:
Exercise and Wellbeing
Out of the Ark for new songs every day!
Plus, have a look at the resources at the bottom of this page!
For support in talking to your children about COVID-19, please view this short book by Manuela Molena (available in several languages). If your child is anxious or worried about coronavirus, please visit the NSPCC page for advice.
Please see our Remote Learning Plan here.